Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

24 November 2003
per usual, activities summaries first:

Friday: first-ever c & c fellowship at cafe dabar. experience was similar to night out at DTH a few weeks back. pastor matt from sol cafe shared with us. great environment and discussion, but drink-wise i think i prefer boba.

Saturday: work followed by light Christmas shopping, gabbing with AMM and multiple tutorings. wanted to check out the coca-cola hockey experience at city hall as well as watch the two big games, but didn't get a chance to do either. i wonder if there were enough hand/toe warmers? probably not.

Sunday: time with my church family is never boring, always well-spent. in the evening, my parents and i participated in a surprise birthday party - funny thing is, when i tried to twist open my confetti container, it was tightlocked (even sharon jeh jeh couldn't get it to budge)! dinner was followed by games honoring the birthday sister that included karaoke and bao prizes (HILARIOUS! you would expect nothing less to emerge from the planning efforts of william goh goh and helen jeh jeh ^_^). also at this gathering, charles and i co-edited one of his english papers, and the kids attempted to teach me clue jr. and a chemistry game from the neopets site. ah, am i ever getting old... my 'favorite' gals were cute as always, too, especially the youngest, CS, who called HERSELF "ma fan" when she constantly entered and exited the computer room (and my lap!) while charles and i were working - she should NEVER grow up!!

oh and GW and i are back to phone tag again. i wonder if we'll EVER manage to contact each other before she returns home?

phrase association:
  • AMM: 'grr' to predictability
  • JJ: chocolate muffins
  • TM: geysers and sunsets
  • CL: wrap, wrap and more wrap
  • CW: missing the wimmicks


  • ...God let me not be distracted, Lord help me focus on You
    Keep sin from ruling my life, Lord
    Make me holy and pure...


    posted by simplejoys @ 11:35 |
    Archives
    Friends' Sites: