Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

10 December 2003
i honestly despise being a spendthrift on myself. in a bit, though, i'll be heading out to staples to somehow use up all the money candace and i have left over from our project for materials and supplies. had to do this with sharon and my joint project, too, but the amount wasn't as hefty. well, at least these purchases will benefit the Centre, not just us.

mom's leaving for aus a week from yesterday - craziness. i'll miss her lots, but i'm so happy she has the chance to be with her siblings and parents at Christmas, for once. it's undoubtedly the opportunity of a lifetime, and i just pray she will be able to make an eternal difference. maybe one time i'll actually be able to travel during Christmas break, too, and see the famous HK holiday lightscape.

things are changing so quickly. i'm trying not to dwell on months too far into the future, so as to prevent worrying over nothing, but it's difficult. keeping busy helps, though. all i know for sure is i want to be where He wants me.

as i was reading through my sunday school lesson, i came across four profound truths, which i appreciate deeply:

1. God is loving
2. God is all-knowing
3. God is all-powerful
- He provides for my every need
4. God is unchanging

having grown up in church and especially in recent years with increased study of His Word, it seems i'm quite familiar with these concepts...yet i was challenged to consider which of these truths i find it hardest to accept and why - while i know in my head that He is abundantly faithful in keeping promises and taking care of us, for some reason, that third truth really pulled at my mind. am i fully trusting that He knows exactly what i need, when i need it and will give it to me how He feels it will benefit me the most? for the most part, yes, but there are 'THOSE' areas...

God, please teach me to trust as I should.


posted by simplejoys @ 08:14 |
Archives
Friends' Sites: