Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

01 December 2003
it seems comfort is never a luxury i'm to soak in for too long. as soon as it seems everything is running smoothly, He catapults me into a more trying, less comfortable state. while i'm thankful for all the recent opportunities God has presented to me that have allowed for challenge and a broader view of life, the speed at which everything is happening is overwhelming and it's such a struggle to cope with it all. however, i trust His pace is best for keeping me on the move, and the joy resulting from learning these lessons lasts for a lifetime.

i am now directly being put to the test, to apply all the insights acquired from times of both celebration and trial. the walls are crumbling, and i sense He is trying to bring me to a point of utter brokenness, such that the only security i have is in Him, and He can replace my dreams and hopes with His. it hurts, but i know this must happen. it's not to say i'm losing everything, but much of what i've held on to, the pleasures that in the moment seemed to last forever, are drifting away...or perhaps being molded into something more realistic...? thankfully, God has also placed me within a network of loving brothers and sisters who may not entirely understand, but whose prayers sustain and remind me that His plan is best. i just need an eternal perspective.

yesterday in small group we were discussing holy living, and how it is only possible to achieve this when our expectations are aligned with His. i'm encouraged that He never views me with greater disfavor with each slipup, and it reminds me that personalities are not set in stone, but rather He is always the potter.

more on this later.

posted by simplejoys @ 10:16 |
Archives
Friends' Sites: