Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

02 June 2004
chatting with a friend and meeting up with several others from a few years back makes me think back to my hopes, dreams and priorities upon first graduating high school:

(1) going away for college
this was never a realistic option for me, however, because my parents had told me all along that my tuition and other expenses would be covered if i remained at home base, but if i went elsewhere for undergrad studies, i would be entirely on my own. as i hear stories about living in dorm from my cuz and friends, sometimes i wonder if i missed out on a uniquely campus adventure, but i travel a lot anyways and have had numerous encounters with unfamiliar, exciting surroundings and people from a variety of backgrounds.

(2) maximal gathering with an ever-expanding group of friends
over my four years of post-secondary study, i did manage to build up quite a social network. even so, i found that time was better spent with one or two confidantes, as opposed to numerous acquaintances. it seemed that the more people i attempted to meet up with, the more cluttered my schedule and the less meaningful my discussion with each of them. to this day, frequent contact remains with those i kept closest, especially those who shared a love for Jesus Christ.

(3) one career path
it never occurred to me just how challenging it would be to find a suitable job upon graduation. rather, i was convinced that i was pretty much guaranteed a job upon graduation, since i had an inner peace upon applying for this field of study. however, my interim teaching certificate is set to expire next summer, and i have yet to obtain any local work experience. i now wonder whether this degree is only meant as a foundation for further study, or even if i will end up working elsewhere - out of province, internationally, overseas...

thanks be to God that even though things didn't always work out the way i wanted them to, He found ways to provide and reveal His wisdom where i was lacking, and shower His blessing in more ways than i can count!

posted by simplejoys @ 20:38 |
Archives
Friends' Sites: