Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

22 September 2004
working through "The Purpose Driven Life" is proving to be of immense benefit, more so than i originally anticipated. in the past, i tended to view setbacks as lasting disappointments, and it wasn't until quite a while later that i would finally recognize the lesson behind them. now, though, i feel my perspective has broadened, and i can genuinely see setbacks as being only a part of God's larger, cosmic purpose. of course part of me does feel a bit let down that i didn't land the teaching position i was interviewed for, but as i was telling shawn yesterday, the interview itself broke a somewhat silent two-year period in my relentless job search.

and yes, i finally saw (and held!) the idells' beautiful bundle of joy. congrats again!

prior to that, i spent about two hours perusing WEM after a summer away, and found that it hadn't changed much, though much to my surprise, a swarovski has finally opened, along with fcuk and m.a.c.. i'm not a big shopper at any of these boutiques, but it impressed me that the mall received a facelift. should be more appealing to tourists now.

life is good...and not just because the sun is blazing and my aunt arrives tomorrow. ^_^

posted by simplejoys @ 10:10 |
Archives
Friends' Sites: