Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

28 January 2005
i heard kelly clarkson's "since you've been gone" for the second time today. the tune caught my attention, for sure (the girl's got good pipes, i'll give her that!), so i thought i'd go look up the lyrics...wow, it sure seems easier to write ANGRY poetry than anything else! the chorus seems to contradict itself:

But since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get what I want
Since you've been gone


it's really painful to watch people stay in relationships, even when they feel suffocated, merely because they someone to tell them that they're worth more than diamonds, that their lives have meaning, because they can't find this affirmation anywhere else. God made us for more than that!

(don't get me wrong, i'm not on a feminist kick...FARRR from it. but if you're feeling trapped, be wise and get out!)

you need but one prince charming... <3

posted by simplejoys @ 14:23 |
Archives
Friends' Sites: