Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

26 February 2005
went to missions fest with sharon, lynn and lesley today, just in time for pastor wagdi's sermon. his extraordinary message changed my perspective on "blessing" entirely, as he emphasized that it is a blessing to be persecuted. i realize that i've somewhat overused used "blessing" in my diction, having it represent anything i feel that God has given me. while that's not wrong, it may lose meaning as seemingly equal emphasis is given to the flowery and the real...okay, that wasn't stated right either, but meaning i won't cherish the hardships as much. we are so fortunate here in north america to freely be able to sing praise, carry Bibles in open view, and pray in public. when pastor wagdi asked whether we were willing to die for Christ, i realized i can't respond with anything but yes.

now to truly live that out, beginning with taking a bolder and determined stance on protecting the traditional definition of marriage. Lord God, please be my strength and my only Truth.

posted by simplejoys @ 18:48 |
Archives
Friends' Sites: