Learning to be a Blessing

Ich bin...
[Tana]. Child of God. Teacher. Youth leader. Music-minded. Blessed.
Ich liebe...
[Jesus]. My Family. My Church. P & W. Mission Trips. Music. Prayer. Traveling. Writing. Drama. Sunshine. Languages. Photography. Badminton. Nature. Snail Mail. Fruit. Green. Simplicity. Listening.

01 July 2006
a brief farewell to my lovely friends who are leaving on their trips (and study summers) starting today and within the next two weeks. can't wait to see you again!

work is finished for the summer, and whether or not to continue in the fall is still a decision i need to make. while i appreciate the freedom to share my faith and establish/deepen relationships with parents, i've realized my calling truly is not with children so young. yet i probably couldn't find a better work environment (accessibility to and presence in my former practicum school, and also the understanding, wise staff) elsewhere. God has been so gracious to grant me this opportunity, and i don't want to waste it. hmm...

highlights from the past few days:
  • "what happened to her legs?" (got to love PW's honest assessment of bright pink nylons)
  • olympic field day
  • conversation over vietnamese salad rolls (not hard to make!!)
  • BBQ with friends and co-workers
  • playing grounders and trying to wedge myself halfway up the slide (and failing miserably!)
  • attending my first-ever sixth grade graduation
  • "i'm haunted by daughters"

    and counting down the days till my family and i head east also brings a smile ^_^

  • posted by simplejoys @ 22:49 |
    Archives
    Friends' Sites: